Guide to Sources for Research into the Royal Air Force
The intent of this guide is to provide a list of authoritative reference materials to introduce researchers to the history of the Royal Air Force. Since it would be impracticable to include the full list of several hundred titles (which continues to grow), the emphasis is on histories that are considered as thoroughly researched and reliable for use in the study of the history and heritage of the Royal Canadian Air Force.
These volumes are held in the NMA Collections, and indeed duplicates of many are available for purchase. The links [titles in bold blue text] are to the original publication data.
- Official Histories - this page is populated
- Authorised Accounts - subdivision to follow
- Commemorative Histories - subdivision to follow
- Conference Proceedings and Essay Collections - subdivision to follow
- Standard references - subdivision to follow
- Aircraft Histories - subdivision to follow
- On-line Collections - subdivision to follow
This is currently (February 2021) a work in progess, to rationalise, facilitate and expand our existing page at the Naval Marine Archive. Some pages are very recent, some date back twenty years and may or may not have been reviewed and/or edited recently; we appreciate any suggestions for improvements.