Our Collections – Models index
Our online library catalogue is available here. Given the complexities of indexing, the following extracts from our database are only very partial. Enquiries about our holdings are welcome.
Please also note that our model collection is too extensive to have them all on display at The Victory at any one time. On request, and with a little advance notice, any model in our reserves can be made available to visitors.
- The Bluenose - a very early scratch built model
- HMCS Demorestville - RCN Flower Class, scratch model
- Foundation Franklin - tug, scratch model
- Helen M. McAllister - tug, scratch model
- The Jamaica - Bermuda built sloop, 1710
- HMS Sheffield - Type 42 destroyer, scratch model
- Polly Woodside - Iron barque, 1885, scratch model
- Cork model - Possibly the Porguese sail training shipp Sagres III
- HMS Victory - launched 1765, Nelson's flagship, scratch model
- Yacht Mary - circa 1660, Charles II first yacht
To follow: more examples of HMS Victory, Bluenose and Bluenose II, the Cutty Sark, Sovereign of the Seas, U-boat, a Thames Royal Barge, etc., etc.
Our Coat of Arms;
Motto "Futurum ex præterito" (Saint Augustine)
This is currently (April 2020) a work in progess, to rationalise, facilitate and expand our exiting page at the Naval Marine Archive. Some pages are very recent, some date back twenty years and may or may not have been reviewed and/or edited recently; we appreciate any suggestions for improvements.