The schooner Anna Maria (1850)
Port of Picton Registry, Number : 3 of 1852
|Name: ANNA MARIA||Type: Schooner|
|Official Number: ||Tons (reg.) 59|
|Tons (gross): ||Tons (net): |
|Where Built: Rednersville||Port of Registry / Hail: Picton|
|Build Year: 1850||Value: |
|Builder’s Name & Date of Certification: Marshall B. Roblin|
|Master’s Name: Bonter ||Subscribing Owners: Marshall B. Roblin|
|Length; 66 feet & 5/10ths. ||Breadth; 15 feet & 2/10ths.|
|Depth of Hold: 5 feet & 8/10ths||Masts: Two|
|Stern: Square||Bowsprit: Standing|
|How Built: ||How Rigged: Fore and Aft|
|Figure-head: None||Decks: One|
See also the entry for the schooner Anna Maria in our ships Database.
- Subscribing owners: Marshall B. Roblin, a merchant of Rednersville sole owner, sold to Delane D. Calvin of Garden Island, shipowners dated May 23rd.1857
- Again renamed ANNA MARIE, 1864 [Information courtesy Lachlan Macrae, through Maritime History of the Great Lakes.]
- Date closed 1874/11. WRECKED NOVEMBER 1874
Newspaper and other transcriptions
- Board of Lake Underwriters, Lake Vessel Register, 1860 Schooner CONVOY [C] 53 tons. Built 1846 at Rednorsville by J. Downs. Owned by Joseph Doyle. Home port, Kingston. Value $500. Class C 2. REMARKS. -- formerly ANNA MARIE.
- Toronto Globe, July 9, 1864 Schooner ANNA MARIE, formerly CONVOY, a little two masted schooner capsized and drifted ashore July 2nd. 15 to 20 miles down the coast from Oswego with a cargo of hop poles, she is going to pieces fast. Commanded by Capt. McKee of Kingston.
- Reference to the schooner Anna Maria, and her being rebuilt at Milford, appear in C.H.J Snider's work:
Schooner Days CMLXXXIII (963) More About Packman's Port, 23 Dec 1950
References and source notes
(5,6) Many of the contemporary newspaper cuttings can be found at Maritime History of the Great Lakes, Newspaper Transcriptons
(7) C.H.J. Snider Schooner Days index, Naval Marine Archive.